In case you dudes weren’t sure whether or not it’s easy for us to tell a guy no and have him respect our answer.
I hope this gets all the attention
imagine if people were born with traits based on their zodiac signs so like aries had ram horns and hoofs like a satyr and shit how rad would that be
i would be a giant fucking crab
hooray for being a fish
or we could be mermaids?
could be worse, you could be scales
i would be a frickin’ LION this is the BEST IDEA I HAVE EVER
there would be another me running around.
are we sure we want that?
for my followers who are werewolves
for my followers who are dating werewolves
to all my followers that want to avoid werewolves
for all my followers who want to become werewolves
for all my followers who are teachers.
GHOULS GHOULS GHOULS
This was my favorite Scooby Doo movie. I even bought it off amazon
After a long-fought battle in Australia, a python bested a crocodile and swallowed the reptile whole over a span of several hours in Queensland, Australia.
The snake reportedly fought the croc for five hours in Lake Moondarra. Winning the fight, the python constricted its prey to death. The estimated 10-foot snake then dragged the 3-foot croc ashore and proceeded to swallow it whole in front of a group of onlookers.
National Geographic identified the snake as an olive python and the croc as a Johnson’s crocodile, both of which are native to Australia. After its hefty meal, the python should be full for at least a month.
Thank fuck I don’t live in Australia.
One of the problems with the gay community is that they so often assume that heterosexuality is the default and homosexuality is the alternative sexuality- defined only by how different it is from heterosexuality. In this view bisexuality has no meaning, except for a group of people hanging between the two, waiting to be defined by whether they are currently normal or not. If they aren’t in a relationship that is distinctly not heterosexual, then they might as well be heterosexual. Even if they’re dating someone of the same gender, they’re only tenuously queer, because they could at any time change back to the default state. This is why single butch bisexual women are said to have straight passing privilege, and single femme lesbians aren’t- it’s not actually about how likely you are to be hurt or attacked for being queer. It’s about how far away from this binarist idea of heterosexuality you are.
To those who say that whitewashing in Hollywood isn’t a thing:
- Irene from the movie Drive was Latina in the original novel, and her name was Irina. Carey Mulligan, a white woman, was cast in the part without an audition.
- The movie A Beautiful Mind is based on a true story. In real life, however, Alicia Nash, John Nash’s wife, is from El Salvador. She was portrayed in the film by Jennifer Connolly, a white woman.
- 30 Days of Night was based on a comic book miniseries. In the comics, however, the main character, Eben Olemaun, is an Inuit man. Futhermore, the town of Barrow, Alaska is described as being 57% Native American, 22% White, and yet in the movie, only one Inuit character was featured. You can’t tell me that all of those Caucasian extras were hired on acting ability, they don’t even talk.
- The movie 21 is based on a true story, in which most of the participants of the casino scam were Asian-American. In the movie, however, the main characters were white, and the Asian-American characters were poorly developed and badly written.
- They cast a white kid as Goku in Dragonball.Seriously. That happened.
- Dastan from Prince of Persia should have been, shocking, a Persian guy. Or, more specifically, probably Iranian. He was instead portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal, who is white. Nobody in the movie was actually Middle Eastern, if I’m not mistaken, and the movie took place in the middle of the goddamn Persian Empire, where there probably weren’t a whole lot of white people walking around. Just sayin’.
- In Isaac Marion’s book Warm Bodies, Nora was half-Ethiopian. In the movie, she’s white.
- Every single person in the goddamn The Last Airbender movie should have been Asian. The entire series was based on Asian mythologies, borrowed heavily from Asian culture, and should have been immensely culturally diverse. Instead, all of the main characters were white, except for the villains. The characters who hailed from the Fire Nation, particularly Prince Zuko, Commander Zhao, and General Iroh, were portrayed by Indian people.
- Katniss Everdeen, Gale Hawthorne, and a large portion of the other inhabitants of the Seam were described as being “olive-skinned, black-haired, and gray-eyed.” Katniss and Seeder, the Tribute from District 11, were described in the books as having similar skin tones, and Seeder was portrayed in the movie as a black woman. Even then, the casting call sent out for Katniss sought out a Caucasian actress. They didn’t even consider women that actually fit the description of Katniss from the books.
But, I mean, the best actor always wins out, right? Whitewashing is a myth, right, it doesn’t actually happen.
- Angel Coulby, a black woman, was heavily criticized for portraying Guinevere in Merlin, a character traditionally played by a white woman. She did audition for this part.
- Donald Glover, a black man, received ridiculous amounts of scrutiny and negative attention for being linked to the part of Peter Parker, a traditionally white character.
But it’s their talent that matters, right?
Nobody’s criticizing Benedict Cumberbatch, especially not after learning that he was basically duped into accepting the part of Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness. Dude’s crazy talented. He’ll probably win an Oscar for something or another eventually.
The crazy talented Indian actor who could have played Khan, a Northern Indian character, and received mainstream exposure and a possible launchpad for his career, however? He won’t.
quick, someone who has never seen ouran high school host club, explain what’s happening in this screencap
my guess is that two super rad twins bullied some poor boy into being their maid but forgot he was there when they brought their ultra gay friend over
pretty close, actually
heh, thanks. <3 i can’t take credit for the post, though. i just reblogged it. :)
"Stop bullying people for their gender identity!" Tumblr screeches as it proceeds to bully cis people for being cis because apparently that’s not bullying someone for their gender identity.
except cis people can literally just log out of tumblr and/or unfollow people and their problem is solved
nobody else fucking can
shut the fuck up
Are you saying what I think you are saying?
"Well then just leave. Then you wouldn’t have to deal with it."
That doesn’t excuse behaviour nor does it foster a positive experience for anyone. If my cis friends will defend the everloving fuck out of me irl I am damn straight going to do the same thing for them here. Because it’s stupid. Being able to leave a bad situation is one thing. And you’re right. We can’t. But we work to better those situations.
Here, they can leave by logging off and oh I dunno, as I’ve seen with around seven people….moving blogs, quitting tumblr entirely, moving cities because they got doxxed for an innocent comment and tumblr assumed it was hateful when it was literally a lack of knowledge (because this website assumes everyone knows everything and refuses to teach before going for blood. and by the by, yes, I did correct and educate that friend and they no longer make that error.)
Tumblr is getting more and more noxious to anyone who doesn’t fit in 687983187384721987 minority groups and your opinion means nothing unless you do. Now doesn’t that sound a lot like “Well unless you’re a rich white male you can’t get a good ground or say in politics”? hmmmm if we want support and inclusion, being a fucking asshole to people for things they cannot help will not get it. If this were segregation, and I were a black person in southern america, would you be feeling too wanting to give me and my cause a hand if I harassed and insulted you (provided I would not be given a hate crime for it)? No.
Do I say we must kiss their feet? No.
Am I saying they deserve some modicum of fucking respect for their gender identity because they didn’t choose it just as much as we didn’t choose it? Yes.
Are you literally saying it is okay to bully people for things they cannot help and cannot change, regardless of whether or not they want to help us? YES.
I have had people come to my inbox and thank me for making them less scared to talk to trans and nb people on this site, because they assume they’re going to get insulted and spat upon for no fucking reason and when people become scared to approach us, we are doing no fucking good for the cause. We are entitled to be mad, but to take it out on others resolves literally fucking nothing.
Don’t you dare tell someone to shut the fuck up you petulant, ignorant, entitled child.
Learn to function in the real world and respect others. Then people will respect you.